Lucy Tomberlin was born and raised in Valdosta, Georgia and graduated from Valdosta High School. She received a B.A. in History at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia before attending law school at the University of Georgia. She graduated from law school in 1993 and returned to Valdosta to practice law. She is admitted to practice in both Georgia and Florida. Her practice in Florida is currently limited to Social Security appeals.
Ms. Tomberlin limits her practice mainly to the field of Social Security. She represents Social Security claimants at all stages from the initial application through the Appeals Council. Although the majority of her Social Security cases are disability claims, she also handles a variety of other Social Security issues including survivor's benefits, retirement claims, and overpayment cases. Ms. Tomberlin also handles estate planning and probate practice for simple estates.
Ms. Tomberlin is a life long member of Christ Episcopal Church where she is an Altar Guild team leader. She formerly served on the church Vestry, including a term as Vestry secretary in 2013. She is an active member of Quota International of Valdosta, an international service organization that supports local charities. She is a past club and district officer. She is also a member of the Lowndes County Historical Society and the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security
- Georgia, 1993
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1995
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia - 1993
- Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Georgia
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Christ Episcopal Church, Member
- Quota International of Valdosta, Member
- Lowndes County Historical Society
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers